Why dance for PD?
1. Dance develops flexibility and fluidity, and instills confidence.
2. Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
3. Dance breaks isolation.
4. Dance invokes imagery in the service of movement.
5. Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to
assist in movement and balance.
6. Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are
7. Dance tells stories.
8. Dance sparks creativity.
9. The basis of dance is rhythm.
10. The essence of dance is JOY!
FIRST CLASS FREE!
How it all began?
Founded in New York in 2001, the programme is the product of a collaboration between Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group and is now presented in more than 250 communities in 25 countries around the world, Zimbabwe being one of them! Dance for PD® is a remarkable programme which offers specialised dance classes to people with Parkinson’s and their families, friends and care partners.
Dance Movement for Parkinson's, falls under Dance for Parkinson’s SA®, under the auspices of Dance for PD®, Brooklyn.
Links, information and resources from the official Dance for PD program…